The finished product.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Chef Abby
The other night at dinner Abby was "examining" and sniffing the new recipe I had tried. As I was a bit annoyed by her actions and had been on the other end of her food critiquing many times, I decided to give her a challenge. She was to find a new recipe, plan the meal, and cook it for us. After perusing the recipe book, she decided to have spaghetti squash with marinara sauce. She had canned beans and sliced fruit to go with it. It was actually pretty tasty. The "noodles" could have used a bit more cooking time, but it tasted good. Sofia loved the fruit. Maxx, well Maxx, hated it all. I did have to laugh a "now you know how I feel" laugh, when Abby told Maxx she didn't appreciate him making faces at the food she cooked.
The finished product.
The finished product.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sofia looks disgusted! Good Job Abby! Keep trying different things, I think you will like it.
Sofia had just woken up and was a bit grumpy. By the end of the meal she was happy.
HA HA Sofia looks like the one that didn't really enjoy it. The just woken up thing though explains it. Good for Abby for trying her hand at cooking. She should keep it up because when she is on her own in collage or married ect she will be so glad she did.
I love the fancy fruit arrangement. I used to have the kids help me cook once a week. I haven't done that for a long time though. It was fun. You have inspired me to let Lisi just cook once in a while :-). We will see if she likes that.
Post a Comment