Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

GINGERBREAD HOUSES

Both Maxx and Sofia made gingerbread houses at school.  I forgot to take a picture of Fia with hers, but here is Maxx's masterpiece.  In case you cannot tell, it has Luke Skyewalker on a snow speeder, Darth Hershey's (Vader), a couple heavy duty troopers, and a Chickenwalker.  Star Wars on the mind. :)


A friend of mine gave me a gingerbread house to decorate.  What a fun idea!  The kids and I had a great time decorating it.




FANCY SMANCY CLOTHES

Maxx and Sofia in their new fancy Christmas clothes last Sunday.  I ordered Abby a skirt online and it still hasn't come. :(  Sad thing is I saw it at the mall a couple days after I ordered it.



SECRET SANTA

Abby woke up to a secret santa surprise.



TEMPLE LIGHTS

I took the kids to see the lights at the temple thinking it would be a wonderful spiritual evening.  ha ha  They fought and complained the whole time.  So much for sacred grounds.  Anyway, only took a couple pics.


Can't you just feel the love in Maxx's face?

SANTA COOKIES

Decorating cookies for Santa!  Suzanne started the cut-out cookies for Santa tradition with the kids the last couple years.  The tradition must be continued!  Santa was lucky to get some stale gingersnaps from the back of the cupboard the year before.  Needless to say, Santa is very grateful to Suzanne. :)







PJ'S

Like many other families, we open up PJ's on Christmas Eve.  Maxx's are Lego Star Wars, Sofia's are Dora, Abby's are Oscar the Grouch.  I think this is the first year I have done "commercialized" pj's for Christmas.  I'm a traditionalist at heart.  I prefer not to advertise for TV shows and toys, but the kids loved them!  I guess that makes me the fun mom this year, or maybe I'm just getting soft. ha ha


Weird speck on Abby's pj's must be dust on my camera lens...

CHRISTMAS MORNING



Checking out the stockings...



 Santa didn't forget Daisy...


Sofia made these for us in preschool.  They turned out so cute!


Our traditional gifts...Sofia gets a kalidescope.


Maxx gets an airplane.


Abby gets a snowglobe.

 Trying to figure out the song...

Our ballerina...



Baseball player...Only Fia could pull this off!


Daisy thinks she is a lap dog...a very heavy lap dog. :)



Dad doesn't mind.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

3 comments:

Sheffield Troupe said...

I love the Christmas outfits! Looks like you had a Merry Christmas, but there are no pics of you!

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

FUN!!! Love the Christmas outfits even if Abby didn't get hers in time. Cute nativity Sofia! I Love it! I am glad Santa got sugar cookies at your house. We made some and I put them in a bag not even thinking and they would melt together (I know I am smart.) so Santa didn't get cookies. I would have made them work but Lukas fell a sleep on the way home from Dans parents and so when he woke up in the morning and asked if Santa liked our cookies and milk I lied and said yes. HA HA.

Saleem Family said...

Oh I missed making santa cookies with the kids! Christmas is so much more fun with kids! The great presents they make for their parents and the fun activities...even if they are fighting.