Within a months time we went from having one dog to having two dogs, one kitten, and a fish.
One morning Abby woke up saying she heard a cat outside her window. As our neighborhood is full of cats, we didn't think anything of it. Later in the afternoon (on our way to piano lessons), we heard it again. After investigating (and being late for piano in the process), we found a little kitty stuck inside a garbage can on the side of the house. We attempted to find a good home for him, but fell in love in the process. Tobi is now a part of the Lopez household.
A couple weeks later (Father's Day), Juan came home with Sage, an 8 month old pitbull. A co-worker could no longer care for her. Of course, we all fell in love with her and her very cute, expressive ears.
We decided that Maxx should raise Sage as his own. The crate is in his room, he's in charge of scooping and walking, etc. We gave Tobi to Abby, as she is the cat whisperer in the family. Sofia felt left out and luckily agreed a fish would be an awesome pet. I tried to convince her how wonderful a betta fish would be. She, of course, had other plans that included Goldie, the goldfish. Well, Goldie passed on to fishy heaven within 24 hrs. I am unsure whether she was flushed or just thrown away, since Fia took in upon herself to take care of it. We now have a betta named Gooey.
How is Daisy with all of this you might ask? Awesome! You couldn't ask for a better dog. For those of you that know her...she has 7 cats under her collar. Juan introduced them and informed Daisy that Tobi was a friend. At first Daisy wanted nothing to do with the enemy.
Pic taken on Juan's phone - sorry it's blurry.
Then Daisy became curious. Now they are friends. Tobi even eats/drinks out of the dog bowls. When Sage came into the picture, Daisy put her in her place. I never, ever thought I would see the day when my cat killing pitbull would defend a kitten from another dog. Even Sage and Tobi can been seen playing together. Of course, every time I try to get a pic of it my camera is missing, or they stop when I try. Hopefully soon, I can post "proof" of the amiability. Sage is a more submissive dog. Daisy had to teach her how to play. Crazy! Sage is even mellower than Daisy. They fit really well together. There is no Alpha-dog battles between them like there were with Fergie.
Now the question is "What do we do with them all when we go out of town???"

3 comments:
Well I guess since they are the Lopez family now they can come up with you! :) They can add to the yellow spots on the lawn from Annie. :)
You have quite the bunch! We have had horrible luck with gold fish. Glad Sofia decided on a Betta fish. All ours died with in at least a month.
Brandi - I remember you having 2 goldfish that couldn't be killed when you were little. Lived forever! I guess your goldfish days are over. haha
Suzanne - Is mom moving out? haha Not sure how she will do with all of them... Or maybe you just want a new fence. ;)
Post a Comment