Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Rest of the Story...

Well, so here's the rest of 2009.

First up - Maxx!

In November he had a piano recital.  He played The Raiders March (theme song for Raiders of the Lost Ark).  He did awesome!



Our friend Joel's birthday was over Thanksgiving weekend, so as the sweet boy Maxx is, he washed his car for him as a present.  (The real story is Joel told Maxx he'd pay him $5, if he washed his truck.  I told Maxx that it was Joel's birthday soon and washing his truck would make a great bday present.  I also hinted that Joel shouldn't have to pay for his present.  I told Maxx it was up to him either way he was good.  Maxx chose to wash the truck as a present for Joel. Joel ended up paying him anyways and Maxx bought a Bionicle with the money. He's a great kid and a normal 8 yr. old)






Maxx received his first Cub Scout award in December.  He earned his Bobcat!



Next up - Abby!

Abby had two karate tournaments in November.  She earned 2nd place in sparring in one and then 1st place in sparring in the other.  She is currently ranked 2nd in sparring for her division in the AZMARRS State Ranking.  She has the chance to complete this month in the State Championships.







Oh yeah, and she earned her FIRST DEGREE BLACK BELT in December!




Grandma was in town and able to go to the Black Belt Extravaganza.










Next up - Grandma's birthday!

We had the priviledge of having Grandma here for her 82nd birthday!







Next up - Christmas!

Grandma and Suzanne were here with us for Christmas again this year.  It's a good thing to, because Santa had gotten used to real cookies from the Lopez kids and would hate to be gipped this year.










The kids in their new PJ's!




Christmas Morning!


















Grandma cried when she got a Wii and when she got a Snuggie.









And this....



wore this out...




Kids in their Christmas clothes!













2009 ended well and we are looking forward to another great year in 2010!

4 comments:

Saleem Family said...

Thanks for having us for the holidays! You have great kids and they have accomplished alot. I still didn't get to see Abby's Black belt video.

Sheffield Troupe said...

You must be so proud of your kids! Wow a black belt at 12. Abby looks so grown up svelte! Grandma cries about everything haha! You could have given her a box of canned veggies and she would do the same thing. I remember how much fun tramps are and they do wear you out! glad you had a great Christmas

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Your kids have accomplished so much and are getting so big. I can't believe Abby is the little girl I use to babysit all the time. Grandma cried at Lukas's bday party when my mom asked her if she could take her to see Aunt Diane sometime. HA HA. Grandma we sure do love her.

Debbie said...

Maybe someday I will catch up my blog. It is alot more than a couple months though :-). I looks like you guys are busy doing lots of fun things. I love the egg. We will have to try that sometime. Your kids are very sweet, responsible, happy, and cute. You are a great mom!