Sofia is still in love with preschool. Probably the best thing we've done so far this year. She is such a sponge and LOVES to learn. About a week into preschool she sat at the whiteboard trying over and over to write her name - would not give up! She finally did it and was so proud. What a determined girl.
She earned her Blue Star. They get a star for different sets of letters that they recognize and know the sound of. Now we are working on her Yellow Star.
They did a unit about Dinosaurs! They made a paper mache dinosaur egg. Here she is trying to break it to get the baby dino out.
They had a field trip at the end of February at the Arizona Natural History Museum in Mesa. They also had a Valentine's party. Both of which I forgot to bring my camera to. :( Miss Jessica (her teacher) said she'd send me pics. If I get them, I will post them later.
But I did get a picture of the Valentines she sent. We did homemade ones this year. Time consuming, but a lot of fun. Sofia did the flowers and Maxx did the robots.
In his Pakistani p.j.'s.
And with his Scouts. Juan and I are his cub scout leaders. Our house is crazy for that hour once a week, but the boys are a lot of fun.
His friend, Tyler, the boy at the front of the pic above wrote him this note one afternoon while he was over playing. Who said 8 yr. old boys don't have a soft side?
Maxx drew this picture the other day. In case you can't tell, it says, "Life. by Maxx. It doesn't matter where you're from, we're all the same." Then the people in the picture (L to R) are American, Chinese, Canadian, and Scottish. I guess I taught him something right.
On President's Day, we went hiking at the soon to be closed Lost Dutchman State Park. We enjoy going there. It's so kid friendly that all my kids can hike it and enjoy it. Hopefully, something will change and they'll decide to keep it open. Hate budget cuts!
After our hike, we explored the old mining town nearby.
Well, that's January and February for you.
2 comments:
I sure do miss your family! Looks like fun. Tell Juan you need to move closer!! :)
Miss your posts. YEAH for Sofia writing her name. Lukas can do L and U. He is so excited to start preschool. Maxx almost looks like he is from pakistan in his jammies ;)
Post a Comment