Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's my name?

So, most of you who read this blog know that Juan calls me wife. I'm sure people think it's a sexist remark, and that I'm so totally antifeminist to allow it. But anyone who knows Juan knows that this is the ultimate term of endearment. I love being his wife and am very proud to be called his wife. Anyway on to my story. Last week...I can't even remember what we were doing... Sofia started calling me Kristy - which is my name, but not to my kiddos. She said it with a smile, so I think she was just trying to show me how smart she is. Today, when I put her in her carseat she called me wife. I said, "What?" I couldn't believe she picked up on that. Juan isn't home enough for her to hear it much. She answered, "Wife." Then I asked her what my name was and she replied (with that same smart grin) "Wife, Kristy, Mama." So, now I know my name...or should I say names.

2 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

HA HA that is hilarous! I hope Sofia can teach Lukas some new words when she comes to visit and plays with him. He talks but still isn't saying a whole ton.

Saleem Family said...

That is cute! You might have to start answering to many names with Sofia. Can't wait to see you guys next week.