Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Definitely NOT Martha Stewart!

Today I decided I would try to be a good mom and actually make cookies. You can ask my kids - this does not happen very often. First of all, I'm not much of a cook. Second, I end up eating them all. So, anyway, my friend recently had a baby and I didn't want to show up without something yummy. Well, I don't know that they will be yummy, but hopefully her kids will eat them - kids eat anything with sugar, right?


This was my first attempt - that is if you don't count doubling the butter but not the rest of the recipe as my first attempt - a bit undercooked.


In an effort to not repeat my first attempt , I cooked them longer. Well, maybe a bit toooo long.

I decided it would be a good idea to test them out first. A two year old cannot lie and she really wanted a cookie.


Cookie, please!

Yeah Cookie!

Yuck - I don't like this!

Alright - so Sofia didn't actually make all these faces for cookies - we were practicing face-pulling. But she did bring me a partially eaten - overcooked - cookie and said she didn't like this.

I think I'll take the slightly undercooked or should I say chewy ones.

2 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I think they look yummy! I am for sure not Martha Stewart either. Poor Dan his mom IS Martha Stewart and he married me.

Debbie said...

I have tried Martha Stewart's recipes, and they look very pretty, but most of the time they don't taste very good. I think your cookies look yummy.