Every Thursday morning our stake has an institute class for the women. They also provide a nursery. Today it was a war zone in the nursery (at least for Sofia). I've never had my kids receive war wounds in nursery - they were more apt to inflict pain. After class I walked down the hall to the nursery room hearing a child crying. Of course being the sensitive mom I am - ha! - I didn't recognize Sofia's cries. I go in and look all around for my beautiful, sweet girl. It only took a few seconds for me to realize that the child screaming in the volunteering mom's arms was that same beautiful, sweet girl. Somehow, playtime had turned into fight-time. I'm not sure what Sofia did to provoke violence - the other mom claims Sofia's innocence - but it'd have to be a serious breach on the other girl's emotions. She broke skin! These are teeth marks! And to top it all off another little girl pulled Sofia's hair. I guess emotions run high in that little room.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
War Zone
Every Thursday morning our stake has an institute class for the women. They also provide a nursery. Today it was a war zone in the nursery (at least for Sofia). I've never had my kids receive war wounds in nursery - they were more apt to inflict pain. After class I walked down the hall to the nursery room hearing a child crying. Of course being the sensitive mom I am - ha! - I didn't recognize Sofia's cries. I go in and look all around for my beautiful, sweet girl. It only took a few seconds for me to realize that the child screaming in the volunteering mom's arms was that same beautiful, sweet girl. Somehow, playtime had turned into fight-time. I'm not sure what Sofia did to provoke violence - the other mom claims Sofia's innocence - but it'd have to be a serious breach on the other girl's emotions. She broke skin! These are teeth marks! And to top it all off another little girl pulled Sofia's hair. I guess emotions run high in that little room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh WOW she bit her nose. That is the first time I have seen that. One day at a play date where I was meeting a mom for the first time her son just walked up to the back of Lukas and bit him. Lukas didn't cry so I didn't think anything of it but later when I went to give him a bath I noticed huge teeth marks. He had left marks through his shirt.
Oh we all have bite stories. My sweet little Isabelle went to give a boy a kiss at a Primary meeting, and must have thought his skin was nice and plump because she just bit into it. Broke the skin, and the mom took her boy to the doc because human bites are supposed to be worse than dog bites. I felt so bad. There was not a fight or anything, it started out as love :-). I hope she is okay. She has a sweet little nose!
Post a Comment