Friday, December 5, 2008

Bad Parenting

So, this definitely isn't my day for good parenting. First off, I let Abby go to school. I know, I know, she should wait 24 hours from the last time she threw up. BUT she woke up feeling better, ate some applesauce, didn't throw it up, AND she wanted to go to school. How many times does an 11 yr. old WANT to go to school? Hopefully, her teachers will ignore the emails I sent last night saying she wasn't going to be in class.



Next, I blamed Sofia's foul mouth on the kids. Our neighbors really get into the holiday spirit with their outdoor decorations. Lights, metal trees, santas, trains, more lights - you get the picture. Well, Sofia loves the "Christmas" as she calls it. This morning she was asking me about the "Christmas". She was upset that the lights weren't on. I told her that they only come on at night. She said, "Hummph, that's stupid." Now I don't know for sure if she said "that's stupid", but it sure sounded like it. I told Abby that she better watch what she says, because Sofia is picking up "bad" words. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I probably say that more than the kids - well maybe not more than Maxx. Anyway, bad parenting all the way around.



Oh, as I was posting this Sofia was coloring with crayon on my leather chair and dumped Maxx's legos all over the floor. I'm doing my best!

2 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

HA HA well you are not alone on the coloring thing. Lukas got to a pen the other day and he thought it would be fun to take it and draw on our computer screen.

Saleem Family said...

Whatever... if drawing on chairs, walls, t.v. or anything else has to do with parenting then every mother out there would have bad parenting. Remember what you did as a child!!