Sofia pulling faces with the pilgrims.
All the family gathered at Jim and Shelley's for dinner. Juan and Jorge pulled up just as we were getting ready to bless the food. Juan had two sites to finish before he could meet us in Utah. He had gone to Gallup Sunday night. After sitting around all day Monday waiting on people, he decided to come home and get his site in Phoenix done. Well, the kids and I left a day early (Tues.) to beat the storm. Juan's truck broke down. So instead of driving to Utah on Wednesday, he was working. Thus the story behind his late arrival.
Maxx and Tia gave us a recital. Maxx played his recital piece, William Tell. Tia played Silent Night.
The food was all very yummy. Lukas decided that his pie needed a bit of salt.
The kids all ran outside (in the dark and cold) and played. Sofia was so tired, she fell asleep eating her pie.
That night Sofia was up throwing up. I guess the pie didn't agree with her. Maybe it needed some salt.
Friday night we took the kids to see Madagascar 2. It was Sofia's first official movie. (The unofficial first one she cried and slept in the hallway) Here she is looking overly excited for the movie to start.
On Saturday as we were getting ready to go to Rachel and Jake's wedding reception (the real reason we went to Utah in the first place - of course I took no photos) we discovered Maxx had Lice. Suzanne's worst nightmare. After trying to shampoo, gel, comb all those nasty creatures out of his hair, we decided to shave it. We spent all of Sunday and part of Monday cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, etc. It wasn't the holiest of sabbath days.
After the reception, we went to Temple Square to see the lights. Juan was unimpressed that they didn't have lights on the big trees like they used to. He told Mom that he was planning on becoming a member until he saw that.
Oh, did I mention Abby had a fever and was all achey?
Sunday morning (Grandma's Birthday), Mom woke up sick with a cold - maybe from sharing her blanket with Abby the night before) and she had lost her wedding ring. Luckily, we found her ring, but unfortunately she still has her cold.
So, we finally made it home on Tuesday. I locked Maxx out of his room and cleaned what I could that night. Even though Maxx got lice in Utah, my house is going to be scrubbed down. Wednesday morning as I was cleaning Maxx's bed, I stepped off his ladder onto a toy and pulled a muscle or something in my foot. So, even as I write this, his room is not completely sterilized. Which is also the reason I have time to write this. It's getting better, but I'm still limping around and can't put full pressure on it. I am getting laundry and such done - just at a snails pace.
Oh, I just got a call from Mom....Suzanne has the stomach flu and feels awful. I guess it's not over, yet!
2 comments:
I really felt awful for you! So far so good at our household maybe the secret WAS the salt on the pie. HA HA. I hope that everything is better soon.
Even though you brought the plagues with you... we did enjoy your visit. I wish you lived closer... maybe then the plagues would have stayed at your house! lol love ya!
Post a Comment